Jonas Gruska

 Where are you now?

Bratislava, Slovakia.


Where would you be ?

I had a couple of shows planned, but mostly the same place.


What have you been doing lately?

3D printing face shields for doctors. I really feel an urge to help out with the current situation and this was the main one I could find. I also designed two UV sterilising solutions for face masks and spaces. Luckily my job can go on almost “as usual” and safely for now.


What are you hearing right now?

Incredible sonic calm in the city. I feel like the birds are becoming more confident, since they don’t need to fight with the urban sounds as much.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?

I would love to, but I am struggling to find some inner peace in this situation. So currently I am mainly focusing on the technical side of things, reinventing my setup.


How will the world be after all this?

Let’s hope more caring and empathetic. Collective immunity is a good reminder of why universal healthcare and solidarity are important. I also feel like this situation will very precisely point out the spineless people, trying to profit off of everything.


How can we support the music community?

I think that it should mainly be the role of governments. A lot of people are struggling right now and asking them to spend their last money on music is just not going to work. But if you have some extra cash, I think bandcamp/patreon should work pretty well for the most direct forms of support.


Five musical recommendations ?


Hiele – Mélodie 2020
Olli Aarni – Mustikoita ja kissankelloja
Nick Storring – My Magic Dreams Have Lost Their Spell
Jeremy Hegge – june - august, 2019
Tijana Stanković – Freezer


A book ?


Paul Stamet
s – Mycelium running


What will you do when you're out?


My plan for the year is to explore the natural habitats of Slovakia. Mushroom and sound foraging.



Link:
http://jonasgru.sk

Photo: Peter Kers

Popular Posts