Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe


Where are you now?

Right now i'm at home in New York. Working from my apartment.


Where would you be ?


I would have been in Los Angeles finishing a film score right now, but instead I'm completing things here.


What have you been doing lately?

Working on several projects. Currently a couple film scores, two art commissions and finalizing the next batch of art editions for the imprint I run with my wife called Aventures Ltd. press.


What are you hearing right now?

It's been a lot of Victoria Shen, Todd Barton, Madalyn Merkey, Lucy Railton, De Forrest Brown Jr., David Burraston and a nice survey of contemporary East Asian club music called Cache 01. There's been some Krzysztof Penderecki and Timbaland instrumental 12" mixes in there as well. Other than that, a lot of silences. It's been interesting when I go for short walks to get air how the sound of the city has shifted so drastically. The sound of animals around are more bold and it's been quite pleasant. One of the few pleasant things about this pandemic.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?

I've been taking this time to work on new compositions and also to mix and edit quite a lot of material from the last several years that was recorded and sat to the side. Two of which are the recordings of the GRM presentations I'd done in Paris 2016 and Mexico City 2017, which will be available as a limited edition cassette and digital download on Bandcamp called La Dialectique Peut-Elle Casser... ? at the end of May. 



How will the world be after all this?

I wish I had even some idea of what the world will be like months from now.



How can we support the music community?

I think the best way to support the community is to check in. Utilize social media platforms to send messages to artist that you appreciate and make work that is meaningful to you. As an artist I try to send messages to my peers to let them know they are in my mind. Use platforms like Bandcamp to give what you can to an artist you like, even if it's simply following them on that platform. Whatever positive reenforcement we can give is worth it.



Five musical recommendations ?

NYZ - Mcrtnl
Bergsonist & Speaker Music - Sublime Language of My Century
more eaze & claire rousay - if I don't let myself be happy now then when?
ИНФХ - Fence of Metal
Kate Carr - Heatwave



One book ?

Joseph Jarman - Black Case Volume I and II: Return From Exile


What will you do when you're out?


Hug friends.



Link:
https://robertaikiaubreylowe.bandcamp.com

Popular Posts