Sébastien Roux


Where are you now?

In our home, in the country, in Burgundy.


Where would you like to be?


In our home, in the country, in Burgundy.


What are you doing at the moment?


I've just finished the electroacoustic music part of a show I'm making in collaboration with Joris Lacoste and Pierre-Yves Macé.

With my partner, we work in the garden, in the vineyard.

We walk in the woods.


We cook.

We watch movies.

I call my family.

I'm reading La théorie des jeux by Gaël Giraud

Little have changed in our daily lives. Except for the sky which is no longer streaked by planes.



What are you hearing right now?


The studio door is closed: silence.


Are you using this containment period to make music?


I'm finishing two pieces of algorithmic music, one for the Musique d'Avenir radio broadcast (RSR) by Anne Gillot and the other for Laurent Guérel's record label, Tsuku Boshi. I'm (slowly) thinking about the pieces I will be working on this summer and fall.


What will the world be like next?


Worse.


How can we support the music community?



To start, by supporting those who are “in direct contact” with the pandemic (sick people, caregivers, workers...) and who are needlessly endangered by a cynical government more concerned with the health of the economy than that of its citizens. Anne Gillot's initiative, mentioned above, consisted in inviting around thirty composers to propose a piece for her program. The royalties are among the few possible sources of income for composers today.


Five music to recommend?


The Theme Time Radio Hour program, by Bob Dylan
Orpheus Variations, Alvin Lucier
10 exercises
, Christian Wolff
Stil, Taylor Deupree
I'm listening again to Le Cri du Patchwork, a radio program by Clément Lebrun



A book?

Le Scribe
, by Célia Houdart



What will you do when you get out?


I promised my great aunt, who is confined alone in her apartment, that we would go to the restaurant together.


Links:
http://www.sebastienroux.net/

Popular Posts