Stephan Mathieu


Where are you now?


In my studio in Bonn, I work from home.


Where would you be?


I'm here pretty much all the time, not much has changed in this regard although I miss the option to go shopping for groceries or dine out with the family whenever we feel like it.


What have you been doing lately?


The studio workload has definitely slowed during March, so I'm spending more time with my kids who are currently at home with us. We take time to cook together, homeschooling of course, finally watching Lord of the Rings. I'm studying digital audio, right now I'm diving deeper into SpectraLayers, a powerful tool for restoration.


What are you hearing right now?


Today we listened to Beatles Arias by Cathy Berberian, followed by
Help!.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?


It's actually the first time in over 2 years that I'm thinking about recording new material. Let's see how that goes.


How will the world be after all this?


A crisis always holds an opportunity for change. I believe in that.


How can we support the music community?


Buy music, listen deeply, learn about the artists behind the music.


Five musical recommendations?


A Sunset For Walter by Jérôme Noetinger and Anthony Pateras
Everything Evaporate by Felicia Atkinson
Feldman: Violin & Orchestra by Carolin Widmann/Emilio Pomarico/FRSO
Jaqueline by Jackie Lynn
Performances 1998-2018 by Charles Curtis

or any five from here :
bandcamp.com/schwebung


One book ?


Simple by Ottolenghi


What will you do when you're out?

Become a grandfather



Links:
https://www.schwebung-mastering.com/

Popular Posts