Kode9


Where are you now?

I’m at home in my studio in South London.


Where would you be ?

I was supposed to be in Bristol this weekend for a gig.


What have you been doing lately?

Mostly sitting in my studio experiencing an unusual excess of time and trying to use it.


What are you hearing right now?

I live on a main road so i can always feel the vibration of passing traffic.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?

Yes. I usually don’t have that much time to spend in the studio so the last month or two has been precious.


How will the world be after all this?

A few weeks ago I thought the world might be very different, that people might learn some lessons after this reset, and take the chance to upgrade their habits and norms. However, looking at the way certain forces are pushing for a complete return to normality, I’m pretty sure that this crisis might amplify a lot of the things that were already awful.


How can we support the music community?

Buy music from bandcamp instead of streaming is a small start.


Five musical recommendations ?

Aloe - Aloe Extract Sound
Frank Zappa - Jazz in Hell
Super Metroid OST
Leif Elggren - Virulent Images Virulent Sounds
Sun Ra - Media Dreams Complete Concert Milan


One book ? 

Liu Cixin - Dark Forest


What will you do when you're out?

Swim and eat better food than I’m currently cooking.


Links:
https://kode9.bandcamp.com/

Popular Posts