Lasse Marhaug


Where are you now?

At home with my daughter. We’ve been like this for five weeks.



Where would you be?

I quite like it here. We live close to the forest, so we’ve been able to go into nature every day, it takes the edge of any potential cabin fever.


What have you been doing lately?

I’ve been doing mostly photography. Also some design work. And I’m finally getting the next issue of Personal Best together.


What are you hearing right now?

Just finished listening to Paul DeMarinis' Songs Without Throats, it gets me in a good mood every time.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?

Yes, I’ve made some recordings. I’ve gotten a few containment related project invitations. It reminds me of when I started in the early 90s, in northern Norway away from everybody, sending people material in the mail because it was impossible to meet.


How will the world be after all this?

I have no idea. I’m hoping for a positive change, that people will awaken and want to change the old system. But I’m not holding my breath.


How can we support the music community?

Buy some music if you can afford it, listen to it, think about why/how/if it matters to you.


Five musical recommendations?

Taming Power: Twenty-One Pieces

Speculum Fight: Glass Giant
Jana Winderen: Out of Range
Main: Firmament II
Lovely Midget: North Head


One book?


Ravens by Masahisa Fukase


What will you do when you're out?

I miss the same stuff as everybody—meeting friends and family again, cinema, concerts, restaurants.



Links:
http://lassemarhaug.no/

Popular Posts