Marc Baron


Where are you now?

With my family, at home, in an apartment in Montreuil (93). I have a small terrace, I can’t really complain.


Where would you like to be?

In many places, but none in particular. Curiously, I don’t fantasize over nature. “At which moment” or “When would you like to be?” seem to be more important questions in my opinion. I would reply: When we are strong and organized enough to move on to something else, politically.


What have you been doing lately?

I'm taking care of my children, I read, I cook, I help out people as much as this situation allows me to, and I make music.


What can you hear right now?

The street, quite empty, but not so much. Birds, often. But above all, my building’s tiny life.


Are you taking advantage of this containment period to make music?

Yes, about 2 or 3 hours a day. It’s very little but it’s always intense in terms of joy and concentration.


How will the world be after all this?

It depends on the chosen time scale. Right afterwards, I would say: the same but worse I’m afraid. We have to get up, it might take a long time and above all, we need to reinforce both our combative and collective spirit.


How can we support the music community?

Like for any communities, it can resist if it there is mutual help and collective power. Some curiosity, and some strength of resistance.
I don’t think we should expect anything from those who sink our boat.


Five musical recommendations?

Show Me The Body - Dog Whistle
Scott Ross - Scarlatti: The Complete Keyboard Sonatas
Gregory Whitehead - Pressures of the unspeakable
Call back the giants - The Marianne
Pygmy Hunters from Central Africa (CNRS Catalogue)



One book?

Charles Robert Maturin, Melmoth the Wanderer


What will you do when you're out?

Same as before lockdown, but angrier.

Popular Posts